Advanced practical organic chemistry
- Leonard, J. (John), 1954-
- 3rd ed. - Boca Raton, Fla. : CRC, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxv, 330 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
QD262 .A34 2013
- Unknown QD262 .A34 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- General introduction
- Keeping records of laboratory work
- Equipping the laboratory and the bench
- Purification and drying of solvents
- Reagents : preparation, purification, and handling
- Vacuum pumps
- Carrying out the reaction
- Working up the reaction
- Small-scale reactions
- Large-scale reactions
- Special procedures
- Troubleshooting : what to do when things don't work
- The chemical literature
- Appendix 1. Properties of common solvents
- Appendix 2. Properties of common gases
- Appendix 3. Approximate pKa values for some common reagents versus common bases
- Appendix 4. Common Bronsted acids
- Appendix 5. Common Lewis acids
- Appendix 6. Common reducing reagents
- Appendix 7. Common oxidizing reagents.
- Publication date
- John Leonard, Barry Lygo, Garry Procter.