The cell : a molecular approach
- Cooper, Geoffrey M.
- 6th ed.
- Sunderland, MA : Sinauer Associates, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxv, 832 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Hausman, Robert E., 1947-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I: INTRODUCTION 1. An Overview of Cells and Cell Research 2. The Composition of Cells 3. Cell Metabolism 4. Fundamentals of Molecular Biology PART II: THE FLOW OF GENETIC INFORMATION 5. The Organization and Sequences of Cellular Genomes 6. Replication, Maintenance and Rearrangements of Genomic DNA 7. RNA Synthesis and Processing 8. Protein Synthesis, Processing, and Regulation PART III: CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION 9. The Nucleus 10. Protein Sorting and Transport: The Endoplasmic Reticulum, Golgi Apparatus, and Lysosomes 11. Bioenergetics and Metabolism: Mitochondria, Chloroplasts, and Peroxisomes 12. The Cytoskeleton and Cell Movement 13. The Plasma Membrane 14. Cell Walls, the Extracellular Matrix, and Cell Interactions PART IV: CELL REGULATION 15. Cell Signaling 16. The Cell Cycle 17. Cell Death and Cell Renewal 18. Cancer.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Cell presents current comprehensive science in a readable and cohesive text that students can master in the course of one semester. The Sixth Edition retains the overall organization, themes, and special features of the previous edition, including Key Experiment and Molecular Medicine essays, chapter sidebars that highlight areas of interest and clinical applications, and end-of-chapter questions with answers at the back of the book. Yet, the Sixth Edition has been updated throughout to reflect major advances since publication of the previous edition in 2009. In addition, many of the figures have been revised to achieve a contemporary graphic look. The book is supported by a Companion Website (http://sites.sinauer.com/cooper6e/) which offers a wealth of study and review material as well as rich multimedia resources, including: quizzes, animations of key concepts and processes, chapter summaries, interactive micrographs and a collection of video microscopy showing biological processes in action.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Geoffrey M. Cooper, Robert E. Hausman.