Handbook of effective literacy instruction : research-based practice K-8
- New York : The Guilford Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 625 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB1576 .H2333 2013
- Unknown LB1576 .H2333 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- "The intent of this handbook is to provide a comprehensive, forward-looking, research-based resource for teachers, teacher-educators, and researchers on the key, inter-connected components of effective literacy instruction. The book is designed so that it is a readily useable resource for pre-service and practicing teachers as well. Every chapter in sections I, II, III, and IV includes substantial suggestions for implementing research-based practices in the classroom and for engaging in professional learning to help teachers increase their effectiveness as literacy instructors. Every chapter in section IV also includes substantial suggestions for fostering collaboration among staff and, when applicable, parents within schools"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- edited by Barbara M. Taylor, Nell K. Duke.