Data mining for systems biology : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.939
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.939
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dense module enumeration in biological networks / Koji Tsuda and Elisabeth Georgii
- Discovering interacting domains and motifs in protein-protein interactions / Willy Hugo, Wing-Kin Sung, and See-Kiong Ng
- Global alignment of protein-protein interaction networks / Misael Mongiovı and Roded Sharan
- Structure learning for Bayesian networks as models of biological networks / Antti Larjo, Ilya Shmulevich, and Harri Lahdesmaki
- Supervised inference of gene regulatory networks from positive and unlabeled examples / Fantine Mordelet and Jean-Philippe Vert
- Mining regulatory network connections by ranking transcription factor target genes using time series expression data / Antti Honkela, Magnus Rattray, and Neil D. Lawrence
- Identifying pathways of coordinated gene expression / Timothy Hancock, Ichigaku Takigawa, and Hiroshi Mamitsuka
- Mining frequent subtrees in glycan data using the rings glycan miner tool / Kiyoko Flora Aoki-Kinoshita
- Chemogenomic approaches to infer drug-target interaction networks / Yoshihiro Yamanishi
- Localization prediction and structure-based in silico analysis of bacterial proteins : with emphasis on outer membrane proteins / Kenichiro Imai ... [et al.]
- Analysis strategy of protein-protein interaction networks / Zhenjun Hu
- Data mining in the metacyc family of pathway databases / Peter D. Karp, Suzanne Paley, and Tomer Altman
- Gene set/pathway enrichment analysis / Jui-Hung Hung
- Construction of functional linkage gene networks by data integration / Bolan Linghu, Eric A. Franzosa, and Yu Xia
- Genome-wide association studies / Tun-Hsiang Yang, Mark Kon, and Charles DeLisi
- Viral genome analysis and knowledge management / Carla Kuiken ... [et al.]
- Molecular network analysis of diseases and drugs in KEGG / Minoru Kanehisa.
- Publisher's Summary
- The post-genomic revolution is witnessing the generation of petabytes of data annually, with deep implications ranging across evolutionary theory, developmental biology, agriculture, and disease processes. Data Mining for Systems Biology: Methods and Protocols, surveys and demonstrates the science and technology of converting an unprecedented data deluge to new knowledge and biological insight. The volume is organized around two overlapping themes, network inference and functional inference. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Data Mining for Systems Biology: Methods and Protocols also seeks to aid researchers in the further development of databases, mining and visualization systems that are central to the paradigm altering discoveries being made with increasing frequency.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Hiroshi Mamitsuka, Charles DeLisi, Minoru Kanehisa.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 939
- Springer protocols