Principles of cognitive neuroscience
- 2nd ed.
- Sunderland, Mass. : Sinauer Associates, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxii, 601 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
QP360.5 .P73 2013
- Unknown QP360.5 .P73 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cognitive Neuroscience: Definitions, Themes, and Approaches The Methods of Cognitive Neuroscience Sensory Systems and Perception: Vision Sensory Systems and Perception: Auditory, Mechanical, and Chemical Senses Motor Systems: The Organization of Action Attention and its Effects on Stimulus Processing The Control of Attention Memory: Varieties and Mechanisms Declarative Memory Emotion Social Cognition Language Executive Functions Decision Making Evolution and Development of Brain and Cognition Appendix: The Human Nervous System.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Written by seven leading authors, Principles of Cognitive Neuroscience covers the growing subject of cognitive neuroscience and makes clear the many challenges that remain to be solved. Now, in this second edition, the text has been streamlined to 15 chapters for ease of reference. The condensation makes the topics covered easier to assimilate, and better suited to presentation in a single-semester course. Each chapter has been updated to address the latest developments in the field, including expanded coverage of genetics, evolution, and neural development. Introductory Boxes in each chapter take up an especially interesting issue to better capture readers' attention. An appendix reviews the major features of human neuroanatomy and basic aspects of neural signaling. As before, this edition includes an extensive glossary of key terms. And, with every new copy of the book, we offer a fully upgraded version of Sylvius 4 Online, which includes an interactive tutorial on human neuroanatomy as well as a magnetic resonance imaging atlas of the human brain.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Dale Purves ... [et al.] ; contributor, Elizabeth M. Brannon.
- Title Variation
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Previous ed.: 2008.
- Includes Internet access code.