Law and economics with Chinese characteristics : institutions for promoting development in the twenty-first century
- First edition.
- Oxford, United Kingdom : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 615 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Initiative for policy dialogue series.
KNQ3195 .L38 2013
- Unknown KNQ3195 .L38 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / David Kennedy and Joseph E. Stiglitz
- Law and development economics : toward a new alliance / David Kennedy
- Creating the institutional foundation for a market economy / Joseph E. Stiglitz
- Analyzing legal formality and informality : lessons from the land titling and microfinance programs / Antara Haldar and Joseph E. Stiglitz
- The economics behind law in a market economy : alternatives to the neoliberal orthodoxy / Joseph E. Stiglitz
- Some caution about property rights as a recipe for economic development / David Kennedy
- Rural land rights in China / Roy Prosterman
- The role of property rights in Chinese economic transition / Kenneth Ayotte and Patrick Bolton
- Institutional design for China's innovation system : implications for intellectual property rights / Joseph E. Stiglitz
- The evolution of China's IPR system and its impact on the innovative performance of MNCs and local firms in China / Zheng Liang and Lan Xue
- Property and intellectual property exchanges (PIPEs) in China since the 1990s : an analysis of the emergence and regulatory resolution of PIPEs and their comparative advantage over OTC markets / Heping Cao
- The China aviation oil episode : law and development in China and Singapore / Curtis J. Milhaupt and Katharina Pistor
- Legal deterrence : the foundation of corporate governance : evidence from China / Zhong Zhang
- Generosity and participation : variations in urban China's minimum livelihood guarantee policy / Qin Cao and Carl Riskin
- The intergenerational content of social spending : health care and sustainable growth in China / Jean-Paul Fitoussi and Francisco Saraceno
- The Houkou reform and unification of rural-urban social welfare / Cai Fang
- Deregulation, decentralization, and China's growth in transition / Justin Yifu Lin, Mingxing Liu, and Ran Tao
- From industrialization to urbanization : the social consequences of changing fiscal incentives on local governments' behavior / James Kai-sing Kang, Chenggang Xu, and Feizhou Zhou
- China's network justice / Benjamin L. Libman and Tim Wu
- China's courts : restricted reform / Benjamin L. Liebman.
- Publication date
- edited by David Kennedy and Joseph E. Stiglitz.
- Initiative for policy dialogue series