The use of foreign precedents by constitutional judges
- Oxford, United Kingdom ; Portland, Or. : Hart Pub., 2013.
- Physical description
- xxxviii, 431 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Hart studies in comparative public law ; v. 1.
K7680 .U82 2013
- Unknown K7680 .U82 2013
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction: The methodology of the research : how to assess the reality of transjudicial communication? / Tania Groppi and Marie-Claire Ponthoreau
- Reference to foreign precedents by the Australian High Court : a matter of method / Cheryl Saunders and Adrienne Stone.
- Canada : protecting rights in a "worldwide rights culture", an empirical study of the use of foreign precedents by the Supreme Court of Canada (1982-2010) / Gianluca Gentili
- India : a "critical" use of foreign precedents in constitutional adjudication / Valentina Rita Scotti
- The Supreme Court of Ireland and the use of foreign precedents : the value of constitutional history / Cristina Fasone
- Israel : creating a constitution : the use of foreign precedents by the Supreme Court (1994-2010) / Suzie Navot
- Namibia : the Supreme Court as a foreign law importer / Irene Spigno
- South Africa : teaching an "old dog" new tricks? : an empirical study of the use of foreign precedents by the South African Constitutional Court (1995-2010) / Christa Rautenbach
- Austria: non-cosmopolitan, but Europe-friendly: the Constitutional Court's comparative approach / Anna Gamper
- Lifting the constitutional curtain? : the use of foreign precedent by the German Federal Constitutional Court / Stefan Martini
- Hungary: unsystematic and incoherent borrowing of law: the use of foreign judicial precedents in the jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court, 1999-2010 / Zoltán Szente
- A gap between the apparent and hidden attitudes of the Supreme Court of Japan towards foreign precedents / Akiko Ejima
- Mexico : struggling for an open view in constitutional adjudication / Eduardo Ferrer Mac-Gregor and Rubén Sánchez Gil
- Romania : analogical reasoning as a dialectical instrument / Elena Simina Tanasescu and Stefan Deaconu
- Russia : foreign transplants in the Russian Constitution and invisible foreign precedents in decisions of the Russian Constitutional Court / Sergey Belov
- Judges as discursive agent: the use of foreign precedents by the Constitutional Court of Taiwan / Wen-Chen Chang and Jiunn-Rong Yeh
- United States of America : first cautious attempts of judicial use of foreign precedents in the Supreme Court's jurisprudence / Angioletta Sperti
- Conclusion: The use of foreign precedents by constitutional judges : a limited practice, an uncertain future / Tania Groppi and Marie-Clair Ponthoreau.
- Publication date
- edited by Tania Groppi and Marie-Claire Ponthoreau.
- Hart studies in comparative public law ; v. 1