Fundamentals of microbiology
- Pommerville, Jeffrey C.
- 10th ed.
- Burlington, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning, c2014.
- Physical description
- xxxi, 845,  p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps ; 29 cm.
QR41.2 .A43 2014
- Unknown QR41.2 .A43 2014
- Microbiology then and now
- The chemical building blocks of life
- Concepts and tools for studying microorganisms
- Cell structure and function in the bacteria and archaea
- Microbial growth and nutrition
- Metabolism of microorganisms
- Control of microorganisms: physical and chemical methods
- Microbial genetics
- Gene transfer, genetic engineering, and genomics
- Airborne bacterial diseases
- Foodborne and waterborne bacterial diseases
- Soilborne and arthropodborne bacterial diseases
- Sexually transmitted and contact transmitted bacterial diseases
- The viruses and virus-like agents
- Viral infections of the respiratory tract and skin
- Viral infections of the blood, lymphatic, gastrointestinal, and nervous system
- Eukaryotic microorganisms : the fungi
- Eukaryotic microorganisms : the parasites
- Infection and disease
- Resistance and the immune system : innate immunity
- Resistance and the immune system : acquired immunity
- Immunity and serology
- Antimicrobial drugs.
- Publication date
- Jeffrey C. Pommerville.
- Rev. ed. of: Alcamo's fundamentals of microbiology / Jeffrey C. Pommerville. c2011.
- Includes index.
- Related Work
- Pommerville, Jeffrey C. Alcamo's fundamentals of microbiology.