Emancipation Proclamation : Lincoln and the dawn of liberty
- Bolden, Tonya.
- New York : Abrams Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- Physical description
- vii, 120 p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps, facsims. ; 27 cm.
E453 .B68 2013
- Unknown E453 .B68 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "The agonizing prayers of centuries"
- "A fit and necessary military measure"
- "The trump of jubilee."
- "...This book offers readers a unique look at the events that led to the Emancipation Proclamation. Filled with little-known facts and fascinating details, it includes excerpts from historical sources, archival images, and new research that debunks myths about the Emancipation Proclamation and its causes."--Amazon.com.
- United States. President (1861-1865 : Lincoln). Emancipation Proclamation > Juvenile literature.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 > Juvenile literature.
- Slaves > Emancipation > United States > Juvenile literature.
- United States > Politics and government > 1861-1865 > Juvenile literature.
- Emancipation Proclamation.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- Slaves > Emancipation > United States.
- United States > Politics and government > 1861-1865.
- Publication date
- Tonya Bolden.