Desalination engineering : planning and design
- Voutchkov, Nikolay.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxix, 642 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
TD479 .V68 2013
- Unknown TD479 .V68 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. Desalination Engineering: An Overview Chapter 2. Source Water Quality Characterization Chapter 3. Reverse Osmosis Desalination Fundamentals Chapter 4. Project Planning and Basic Design Considerations Chapter 5. Project Environmental Review and Permitting Chapter 6. Intakes for Source Water Collection Chapter 7. Source Water Intake Pump Station Chapter 8. Source Water Screens Chapter 9. Source Water Conditioning Chapter 10. Sand Removal, Sedimentation and Dissolved Air Flotation Chapter 11. Pretreatment by Granular Media Filtration Chapter 12. Pretreatment by Membrane Filtration Chapter 13. Comparison of Granular Media and Membrane Filtration Chapter 14. Reverse Osmosis Separation Chapter 15. Post Treatment of Desalinated Water Chapter 16. Desalination Plant Discharge Management Chapter 17. Desalination Cost Estimating.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- An in-depth guide to reverse osmosis desalination This Water Environment Federation and WateReuseAssociation publication provides comprehensive information on the planning and engineering of brackish and seawater desalination projects for municipal water supplies. After a brief overview of widely used desalination technologies, Desalination Engineering focuses on reverse osmosis desalination. The book discusses basic principles, planning and environmental review of projects, design and selection of key desalination plant components, desalinated water posttreatment, and concentrate management. Guidelines on sizing and cost estimation of desalination plant facilities are also included in this practical resource. COVERAGE INCLUDES: Source water quality characterization Fundamentals of reverse osmosis desalination Planning considerations Environmental review and permitting Intakes for source water collection Intake pump stations Source water screening and conditioning Sand removal, sedimentation, and dissolved air flotation Pretreatment by granular media filtration Pretreatment by membrane filtration Comparison of granular media and membrane pretreatment Reverse osmosis separation Post-treatment of desalinated water Desalination plant discharge management Desalination project cost estimates.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Nikolay Voutchkov.
- Published in association with the Water Environment Federation and WateReuse Association.