The physical chemist's toolbox [electronic resource]
- Metzger, R. M. (Robert M.), 1940-
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (vii, 949 p.)
- Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: A Physical Chemists's Toolbox
- Particles, Forces, and Mathematical Methods
- Quantum Mechanics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Kinetics, Equilibria, and Electrochemistry
- Solid-State Physics
- Electrical Circuits, Amplifiers, and Computers
- Sources, Sensors, and Detection Methods
- From Crystals to Molecules
- "This book is an indispensible guide for those in the fields of physics, chemistry, and materials science, addressing the relevant equations, theories, and tools used for research in these fields. Topics addressed are mechanics, special relativity, electricity and magnetism, quantum chemistry, thermodynamics, electrochemistry, statistical mechanics, symmetry, solid state physics and electronics. The book also addresses all possible energy and electrical sources, detectors, and algorithms, as well as all presently available major and minor instrumentation. There are also worked-out problems and suggested fill-in problems interspersed throughout"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- by Robert M. Metzger.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Metzger, R. M. (Robert M.), 1940- Physical chemist's toolbox. Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley,  9780470889251 (DLC) 2011045248 (OCoLC)707264008