- Rubinfeld, Daniel L.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1. Introduction: markets and prices
- Preliminaries ; The basics of supply and demand
- Part 2. Producers, consumers, and competitive markets
- Consumer behavior ; Individual and market demand ; Uncertainty and consumer behavior ; Production ; The cost of production ; Profit maximization and competitive supply ; The analysis of competitive markets
- Part 3. Market structure and competitive strategy
- Market power : monopoly and monopsony ; Pricing with market power ; Monopolistic competition and oligopoly ; Game theory and competitive strategy ; Markets for factor inputs ; Investment, time, and capital markets
- Part 4. Information, market failure, and the role of government
- General equilibrium and economic efficiency ; Markets with asymmetric information ; Externalities and public goods.
- Publication date
- Robert S. Pindyck, Daniel L. Rubinfeld.
- The Pearson series in economics