Moral imperialism : a critical anthology
- New York : New York University Press, c2002.
- Physical description
- xii, 400 p. ; 24 cm.
- Critical America.
JC571 .M783 2002
- Unknown JC571 .M783 2002
- Hernández-Truyol, Berta Esperanza.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Berta Esperanza Hernández-Truyol, Christy Gleason
- Imperial humanitarianism : history of an arrested dialectic / Gil Gott
- Toward a multicultural conception of human rights / Boaventura de Sousa Santos
- Orientalism revisited in asylum and refugee claims / Susan Musarrat Akram
- Homophobia/heterosexism in African Americans: internalized racism and African American lesbians and bisexual women / Beverly A. Greene
- Children and right to a fair trial : exploring the relationship between first- and second-generation human rights / Johanna Niemi-Kiesiläinen
- Domestic and international adoptions : heroes? villians? Or loving parents? : the race and nationality precepts as explanations for international adoptions / Sharon Elizabeth Rush
- Economic globalization and the redrawing of citizenship / Saskia Sassen
- Recognition of the individual : a human rights perspective for international commerce / Claire Moore Dickerson
- Rerouting the race to the bottom? : transnational corporations, labor practice codes of conduct, and worker's right to organize : the case of Nike, Inc. / Tim O'Connor
- Both work and violence: prostitution and human rights / Berta Esperanza Hernández-Truyol and Jane E. Larson
- Policing the boundaries of truth in narratives / Elizabeth Fakazis
- Imperial knowledge : science, education, and equity / Kathryn Scantlebury, Elizabeth McKinley, and Joce Jesson
- U.S. policy on "female genital mutilation" : threat of economic pressure internationally, enactment of criminal sanctions at home / Holly Maguigan
- Bridging false divides : toward a transnational politics of gender / R.W. Perry, L. Amede Obiora
- Membership denied : an outsider's story of subordination and subjugation under U.S. colonialism / Ediberto Román
- Moral high ground? : the relevance of international law to remedying racial discrimination in U.S. immigration laws / Kevin R. Johnson
- Indigenous peoples' human rights in U.S. courts / Eric K. Yamamoto, Carrie Ann Y. Shirota, Jayna Kanani Kim
- Climate change, opinions, and imagination: toward a new ethic of curiosity / Mary Loring Lyndon
- Immigration, poverty, and transnationalism : the changing terms of citizenship in a global economy / M. Patricia Fernández-Kelly
- Human rights, globalization, and culture : centering personhood in international narrative / Berta Esperanza Hernández-Truyol.
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
- edited by Berta Esperanza Hernandez-Truyol.
- Critical America series