- An overview
- First steps in settling an estate
- Who are the heirs and beneficiaries?
- What is the decedent's estate?
- Preparing a schedule of the assets and debts
- How to identify the best transfer procedure
- What about taxes?
- Transferring title to real property
- How to transfer securities
- Joint tenancy property
- Transferring small estates under $150,000
- How to transfer trust property and property subject to life estates
- An overview of the probate court process
- Conducting a simple probate court proceeding
- Handling property that passes outright to the surviving spouse or domestic partner
- If you need expert help..