Pluralism and European private law
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart Pub., 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 277 p. ; 24 cm.
KJC985 .P58 2013
- Unknown KJC985 .P58 2013
- Niglia, Leone.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Prologue: Of pluralism and European private law / Leone Niglia
- The double life of pluralism in Europe / Leone Niglia
- Monistic ideology versus pluralistic reality : towards a normative design for European private law / Hans-W Micklitz
- The poverty of global constitutionalism / Massimo La Torre
- Pluralism and private law in the Union / Norbert Reich
- European contract law through and beyond pluralism : the case of an optional instrument / Bénédicte Fauvarque-Cosson
- Legal pluralism in Europe : national laws, European legislation, and non-legislative codifications / Nils Jansen
- Why we have no theory of European private law pluralism / Ralf Michael
- A radical view of legal pluralism / Jan Smits
- A radical view of pluralism? : comments on Jan Smits / Brigitta Lurger
- The economics of harmonising private law through optional rules / Fernando Gomez and Juan Jose Ganuza
- How many systems of private law are there in Europe? / Martijn W Hesselink
- Pluralism in a new key : between plurality and normativity / Leone Niglia
- Epilogue: Of European private law and pluralism / Leone Niglia.
- Publication date
- edited by Leone Niglia.
- Book developed out of a symposium held at the University of Exeter in 2011.