Cooperative research centers and technical innovation [electronic resource] : government policies, industry strategies, and organizational dynamics
- New York, NY : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1. Intrsoduction
- The New Science and Engineering Management: Cooperative Research Centers as Intermediary Organizations for Government Policies and Industry Strategies / Denis O. Gray, Craig Boardman and Drew Rivers.
- Part 2. Industry and Cooperative Research Centers
- Why Do Firms Join Cooperative Research Centers? An Empirical Examination of Firm, Industry, and Environmental Antecedents / James C. Hayton, Saloua Sehili and Vida Scarpello
- Does Industry Benefit from Cooperative Research Centers More Than Other Stakeholders? An Exploratory Analysis of Knowledge Transactions in University Research Centers / Branco Ponomariov and Craig Boardman.
- Part 3. Universities and Cooperative Research Centers
- Careers and Organisational Objectives: Managing Competing Interests in Cooperative Research Centres / Sam Garrett-Jones, Tim Turpin and Kieren Diment
- Cooperative Research Centers and Faculty Satisfaction: Multi-level Predictive Analysis / Beth M. Coberly and Denis O. Gray
- Is Cooperative Research Center Affiliation Amongst Academic Researchers Stratifying the Academy? The Impacts of Departmental Prestige, Career Trajectory, and Productivity on Center Affiliation / Xuhong Su and Gretchen Keneson.
- Part 4. Leadership in Cooperative Research Centers
- Leadership Relationships Between Center Directors and University Administrators in Cooperative Research Centers: A Multilevel Analysis / Donald D. Davis, Janet L. Bryant and Julia Zaharieva
- Cooperative Research Centers as Small Business: Uncovering the Marketing and Recruiting Practices of University-Based Cooperative Research Centers / Drew Rivers and Denis O. Gray
- Assessing Leadership Performance in University-Based Cooperative Research Centers: Evidence from Four Studies / S. Bartholomew Craig, Clara E. Hess, Jennifer Lindberg McGinnis and Denis O. Gray.
- Part 5. Government and Cooperative Research Centers
- The Challenges of Evaluating Multipurpose Cooperative Research Centers / Irwin Feller, Daryl Chubin, Ed Derrick and Pallavi Pharityal
- Estimating the Regional and National Economic Impact of Engineering-Focused Cooperative Research Centers / David Roessner, Lynne Manrique and Jongwon Park.
- Part 6. International Practice and Cooperative Research Centers
- The Role of Cooperative Research Centers in Multi-scalar Innovation and Economic Development Policy in Canada and the US / Jennifer Clark
- International Practice in Cooperative Research Centers Programs: Summary of an Exploratory Study of Engineering-Focused Cooperative Research Centers Worldwide / Bhavya Lal and Craig Boardman.
- Part 7. Conclusion
- In Conclusion: What Research Is Missing for Cooperative Research Centers? / Barry Bozeman
- A Working Bibliography on Cooperative Research Centers for Practitioners and Researchers / Craig Boardman, Denis O. Gray and Drew Rivers.
- Publication date
- Craig Boardman, Denis O. Gray, Drew Rivers, editors.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Cooperative research centers and technical innovation. New York : Springer, c2013 9781461443872 (OCoLC)793572121