Advanced biofuels and bioproducts [electronic resource]
- New York, NY : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : ill.
- Lee, James Weifu.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1. Introduction and Brazil's biofuel success
- Introduction: An Overview of Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts / James Weifu Lee
- Sugarcane Ethanol: Strategies to a Successful Program in Brazil / José Goldemberg.
- Part 2. Smokeless biomass pyrolysis for advanced biofuels production and global biochar carbon sequestration
- Smokeless Biomass Pyrolysis for Producing Biofuels and Biochar as a Possible Arsenal to Control Climate Change / James Weifu Lee and Danny M. Day
- Oxygenation of Biochar for Enhanced Cation Exchange Capacity / James Weifu Lee, A. C. Buchanan III, Barbara R. Evans and Michelle Kidder
- Characterization of Biochars Using Advanced Solid-State 13C Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / Jingdong Mao, Xiaoyan Cao and Na Chen
- Biochar Fertilizer for Soil Amendment and Carbon Sequestration / James Weifu Lee, Bob Hawkins, Xiaonian Li and Danny M. Day
- Selection and Use of Designer Biochars to Improve Characteristics of Southeastern USA Coastal Plain Degraded Soils / J. M. Novak and W. J. Busscher
- Biochar: A Coproduct to Bioenergy from Slow-Pyrolysis Technology / Adriana Downie and Lukas Van Zwieten
- Catalytic Pyrolysis of Biomass / Stefan Czernik
- Selective Fast Pyrolysis of Biomass to Produce Fuels and Chemicals / Xi-feng Zhu and Qiang Lu
- Sub- and Supercritical Water Technology for Biofuels / Sandeep Kumar
- Biomass to Liquid Fuel via Fischer-Tropsch and Related Syntheses / Y. T. Shah
- Fischer-Tropsch Hydrocarbons Synthesis from a Simulated Biosyngas / N. Escalona, R. García and P. Reyes
- To Synthesize Liquid Fuels on Precipitated Fe Catalyst with CO2-Containing Syngas Gasified from Biomass / Wensheng Ning and Muneyoshi Yamada.
- Part 3. Cellulosic Biofuels
- Cellulosic Butanol Production from Agricultural Biomass and Residues: Recent Advances in Technology / N. Qureshi, S. Liu and T. C. Ezeji
- Consolidated Bioprocessing / Jeffrey G. Linger and Al Darzins
- The Synthesis, Regulation and Modification of Lignocellulosic Biomass as a Resource for Biofuels and Bioproducts / Darby Harris, Carloalberto Petti and Seth DeBolt
- Genetic Modifications of Plant Cell Walls to Increase Biomass and Bioethanol Production / M. Abramson, O. Shoseyov, S. Hirsch and Z. Shani
- Natural and Designed Enzymes for Cellulose Degradation / Eva Cunha, Christine L. Hatem and Doug Barrick.
- Part 4. Photobiological production of advanced biofuels with synthetic biology
- Designer Transgenic Algae for Photobiological Production of Hydrogen from Water / James Weifu Lee
- Designer Photosynthetic Organisms for Photobiological Production of Ethanol from Carbon Dioxide and Water / James Weifu Lee
- Synthetic Biology for Photobiological Production of Butanol and Related Higher Alcohols from Carbon Dioxide and Water / James Weifu Lee.
- Part 5. Lipids-based biodiesels
- Production of Biodiesel and Nontoxic Jatropha Seedcakes from Jatropha curcas / Novizar Nazir, Djumali Mangunwidjaja and M. A. Yarmo
- Biofuels from Microalgae: Towards Meeting Advanced Fuel Standards / Liam Brennan and Philip Owende
- Bioprocess Engineering Aspects of Biodiesel and Bioethanol Production from Microalgae / Ronald Halim, Razif Harun, Paul A. Webley and Michael K. Danquah
- Closed Bioreactors as Tools for Microalgae Production / Robert Dillschneider and Clemens Posten
- Alternative Methods for the Extraction of Hydrocarbons from Botryococcus braunii / Chiara Samorì and Cristian Torri
- Valorization of Waste Frying Oils and Animal Fats for Biodiesel Production / Teresa M. Mata, António A. Martins and Nidia S. Caetano
- One-Step Conversion of Algal Biomass to Biodiesel with Formation of an Algal Char as Potential Fertilizer / E. Adair Johnson, Zhanfei Liu, Elodie Salmon and Patrick G. Hatcher.
- Part 6. Life-cycle energy and economics analysis
- Process Economics and Greenhouse Gas Audit for Microalgal Biodiesel Production / Razif Harun, Mark Doyle, Rajprathab Gopiraj, Michael Davidson and Gareth M. Forde, et al.
- Sustainability Considerations about Microalgae for Biodiesel Production / Teresa M. Mata, António A. Martins, Subhas K. Sikdar, Carlos A. V. Costa and Nidia S. Caetano
- Life Cycle Assessment of Algae-to-Energy Systems / Andres Clarens and Lisa Colosi.
- Part 7. High-value algal products and biomethane
- Cultivation of Arthrospira (Spirulina) platensis by Fed-Batch Process / João C. M. Carvalho, Raquel P. Bezerra, Marcelo C. Matsudo and Sunao Sato
- Bioprocess Development for Chlorophyll Extraction from Microalgae / Ronald Halim and Michael K. Danquah
- Screening for Bioactive Compounds from Algae / Miguel Herrero, Jose A. Mendiola, Merichel Plaza and Elena Ibañez
- Biogas Production from Algae and Cyanobacteria Through Anaerobic Digestion: A Review, Analysis, and Research Needs / Pavlo Bohutskyi and Edward Bouwer
- Gas Hydrates as a Potential Energy Source: State of Knowledge and Challenges / George J. Moridis, Timothy S. Collett, Ray Boswell, Stephen Hancock and Jonny Rutqvist, et al.
- Part 8. Electrofuels
- Electrofuels: A New Paradigm for Renewable Fuels / Robert J. Conrado, Chad A. Haynes, Brenda E. Haendler and Eric J. Toone
- Engineering Ralstonia eutropha for Production of Isobutanol from CO2, H2, and O2 / Christopher J. Brigham, Claudia S. Gai, Jingnan Lu, Daan R. Speth and R. Mark Worden, et al.
- Microbial ElectroCatalytic (MEC) Biofuel Production / Steven W. Singer, Harry R. Beller, Swapnil Chhabra, Christopher J. Chang and Jerry Adler.
- Publication date
- James Weifu Lee, editor.