- Meerschaert, Mark M., 1955-
- 4th ed.
- Waltham, MA : Academic Press/Elsevier, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 365 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
QA401 .M48 2013
- Unknown QA401 .M48 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Optimization models. One-Variable Optimization ; Multivariable Optimization ; Computational Methods for Optimization.
- Dynamic models. Introduction to Dynamic Models ; Analysis of Dynamic Models ; Simulation of Dynamic Models.
- Probability models. Introduction to Probability Models ; Stochastic Models ; Simulation of Probability Models.
- "Meerschaert's new edition strengthens his position as the survey text of choice for mathematical modeling courses, adding ample instructor support and leveraging on-line delivery for solutions manuals and software ancillaries. From genetic engineering to hurricane prediction, mathematical models guide much of the decision-making in our society, and if the assumptions and methods underlying the modeling are flawed, the outcome can be disastrously poor, as recent events have proved. Since mathematical modeling is a rapidly growing specialty with applications in so many scientific and technical disciplines, there is a need for mathematically rigorous treatments of the subject, and particularly for texts that expose students to a range of possible approaches."--Publisher's website.
- Mathematical models.
- Publication date
- Mark M. Meerschaert.