A common wealth of learning : millennium development goals revisited
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon [England] ; New York, N.Y. : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 240 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LA669.5 .C66 2013
- Unknown LA669.5 .C66 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. Introduction: Beyond the Colonial Legacy J. MacBeath Section 1. Partnerships for Leadership and Learning Synopsis L. Taylor Chapter 2. Pedagogy and Leadership in a Tanzanian Primary School: A Whole School Approach Exploring Classroom Realities in an Urban Setting A. Fentiman, C. Sugrue, D. Wyse & H. Dachi Chapter 3. Using Digital Technology and School-Based Professional Development to Leverage Interactive Classroom Teaching in Zambia S. Hennessy, B. Hassler & G. Mwewa Chapter 4. Building Leadership Capacity, Enhancing Learning and Teaching in Ghanaian Basic Schools J. MacBeath, S. Swaffield, G. Oduro & A. Ampah-Mensah Chapter 5. Factors Influencing Retention in Kenya and Uganda M. Warrington, S. Kiragu, A. Fentiman, & M. Muhwezi Chapter 6. Learning about HIV/AIDS Education for Children Through Consultation and Dialogue with School Stakeholders S. Kiragu, C. McLaughlin & S. Swartz Section 2. A Common Wealth of Voices Synopsis: Culture, gender, race and educational inequalities: The possibility of teachers achieving the impossible dream? M. Galton Chapter 7. Leading the Second Generation in the Wake of Apartheid: An Indirect Commentary on the Problem of Knowledge in the MDG/EFA Discourses on Access J. Jansen Chapter 8. The Interface Between Monitoring Performance and How Data is Used: Striving to Enhance the Quality of Education in Schools V. Scherman, S.Howie & Elizabeth Archer Chapter 9. Fighting the Wrong War? Gender, Poverty and Achievement in the Caribbean P. George Chapter 10. Multicultural Education in Primary Vernacular Schools: Predicament of the 'Vision School' Policy in Malaysia S. Malakolunthu Chapter 11. Gender Equity, School Leadership, and National Development in the Commonwealth contexts K.D. Kelep-Malpo Chapter 12. Gurukulums: Equity and Excellence in Educating Scheduled Tribes in India K. Sujatha Section 3. Millennium Development Goals Revisited: Perspectives from International Agencies Synopsis: Quality Education and the Millennium Development Goals Revisited: Reflections, Reality and Future Directions A. Fentiman Chapter 13. Assessing the Impact of Education Sector Policy Reform in Low-Income Countries: Developing a Comprehensive, Intervention-Focused Research Programme P. Bennell Chapter 14. Education of Quality for All: Myth or Reality! V. Chinapah Chapter 15. Off the Beaten Track: Bridging the Gap Between Research, Policy and Practice in Africa W. Hoppers Chapter 16. Transformative Models of Practice and Professional Development of Teachers C. Wright Conclusion. Partnerships for Leading and Learning: The Contribution of the Centre for Commonwealth Education M. Younger, C. Sugrue & J. MacBeath.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A Common Wealth of Learning takes a look at the millennium development goals that were set out at the start of the century. Utilising a far reaching set of case studies from a large percentage of commonwealth countries, this book looks at what the colonial legacy has left us with; and what we can do to progress. Chapters discuss; Partnerships for Leadership and Learning Quality Education and the Millennium Development Goals Revisited: Reflections, Reality and Future Directions. Assessing the Impact of Education Sector Policy Reform in Low-Income Countries: Developing a Comprehensive, Intervention-Focused Research Programme Education of Quality for All: Myth or Reality! Bridging the Gap Between Research, Policy and Practice in Africa Transformative Models of Practice and Professional Development of Teachers Partnerships for Leading and Learning: The Contribution of the Centre for Commonwealth Education This thoroughly researched and comprehensive text will be of great interest and use to anyone involved in education, higher education, education policy and research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by John MacBeath and Mike Younger.