Adapting Canonical Texts in Children's Literature
- London : Bloomsbury, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 236 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Müller, Anja, 1969 September 24-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Adapting Canonical Texts in and for Children's Literature / Anja Müller
- Shakespeare for Girls: Victorian vs. Contemporary Prose Versions of Hamlet and The Merchant of Venice / Laura Tosi
- Shylock's Daughter (Shylock's Tochter): Nathan and his Children (Nathan und seine Kinder): Miriam Pressler's Adaptations of European Classics for Young-adult Readers / Jana Mikota
- Shakespeare in Children's Literature, Two Approaches: Susan Cooper's King of Shadows and Tad Williams' Caliban's Hour / Eva Oppermann
- Shakespeare for Beginners: The Animated Tales from Shakespeare and the Case Study of Julius Caesar / Maddalena Pennacchia
- Adapting and Parodying Shakespeare for Young Adults: John Marsden's Hamlet and Andy Griffiths' Just Macbeth! / Mark MaCleod
- Shakespeare Comic Books: Visualizing the Bard For a Young Audience / Anja Müller
- Adapting an Old English Epic: The Case of Rosemary Sutcliff's Beowulf: Dragonslayer / Lukasz Neubauer
- The Kids Of The Round Table: Arthurian Legends Adapted for Children and Young Adults / Anne Klaus
- Downsizing Dickens: Adaptations of Oliver Twist for the Child Reader / Elizabeth Thiel
- The Nutcracker from ETA Hoffmann to Matthew Bourne: Adaptation of a Children's Story with Adult Messages / Jan Keane
- Pinocchio in English / Iain Halliday
- To Be or Not to Be a Canonical Text of Children's Literature: Polish and Italian Translations of Winnie-the-Pooh
- Publication date
- Edited by Anja Müller.