How to write a paper [electronic resource]
- 5th ed.
- Chichester, West Sussex : John Wiley & Sons, 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Hall, George M. (George Martin)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "This concise paperback is about writing a paper for publication in biomedical journals. Its straightforward format - a chapter covering each of part of the structured abstract - makes it relevant and easy to use for any novice paper writer.How to Write a Paper addresses the mechanics of submission, including electronic submission, and how publishers handle papers, writing letters to journals abstracts for scientific meetings, and assessing papers. This new edition also covers how to write a book review and updated chapters on ethics, electronic publication and submission, and the movement for open access"--Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- edited by George M. Hall.
- Machine generated contents note: Preface to Fourth Edition Preface to Fifth Edition 1. Structure of a scientific paper George M. Hall 2. Introductions Richard Smith 3. Methods Gordon B. Drummond 4. Results Charles W. Hogue 5. Discussion George M. Hall 6. Titles, abstracts and authors Kevin W. Eva 7. Who should be an Author? Richard Horton 8. References Simon Howell and Liz Neilly 9. Electronic submissions Michael Willis 10. Open Access Mark Ware 11. How to write a letter Michael Doherty 12. How to prepare an abstract for a scientific meeting Robert N. Allan 13. How to write a case report Martin Neil Rossor 14. How to write a review Paul Glasziou 15. How to write a book review Mark W. Davies and Luke A. Jardine 16. The role of manuscript assessor Domhnall MacAuley 17. The role of editor Jennifer M. Hunter 18. What a publisher does Gavin Sharrock and Elizabeth Whelan 19. Style: what it is and why it matters Sharon Leng 20. Ethics of publication Chris Graf and Elissa Wilson Index.
- Available in another form
- Print version: How to write a paper 5th ed. Chichester, West Sussex : John Wiley & Sons, 2013 9780470672204 (DLC) 2012030230