Drug delivery strategies for poorly water-soluble drugs [electronic resource]
- Chichester, West Sussex : Wiley, 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxv, 600 p.)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Self-assembled delivery vehicles for poorly water-soluble drugs : basic theoretical considerations and modeling concepts / Silvio May and Alfred Fahr
- Liposome as intravenous solubilizers for poorly water soluble drugs / Peter van Hoogevest, Mathew Leigh and Alfred Fahr
- Drug solubilization and stabilization of cyclodextrin drug carriers / Thorsteinn Loftsson and Marcus Eli Brewster
- Solid lipid nanoparticles for drug delivery / Sonja Joseph and Heike Bunjes
- Polymeric drug delivery systems for encapsulating hydrophobic drugs / Naveed Ahmed, C.E. Mora-Heurtas, Chiraz Jaafar-Maalej, Hatem Fessi and Abdelhamid Elaissari
- Polymeric drug delivery systems for encapsulating hydrophobic drugs / Dagmar Fischer
- Development of self-emulsifying drug delivery systems (SEDDS) for oral ioavailability enhancement of poorly soluble drugs / Dimitrios G. Fatouros and Anette Müllertz
- Novel top-down technologies : effective production of ultra-fine drug nanocrystals / Cornelia.M. Keck, S. Kobierski, R. Mauludin and Rainer H. Müller
- Nanosuspensions with enhanced drug dissolution rates of poorly water-soluble drugs / Dennis Douroumis
- Microemulsions for drug solubilization and delivery / X.Q. Wang and Qiang Zhang
- Enhancing drug solubility and bioavailability using hot melt extruded solid dispersions / Shu Li, David S. Jones and Gavin P. Andrews
- Penetration enhancers, solvents and the skin / Jonathan Hadgraft and Majella E. Lane
- Dendrimers for enhanced drug solubilization / Narendra K. Jain and Rakesh K. Tekade
- Polymeric micelles for the delivery of poorly soluble drugs / Swati Biswas, Onkar S.Vaze, Sara Movassaghian and Vladimir P. Torchilin
- Nanostructured silicon-based materials as a drug delivery system for water insoluble drugs / Vesa-Pekka Lehto, Jarno Salonen, Helder Santos and Joakim Riikonen
- Micro- and nanosizing of poorly soluble drugs by grinding techniques / Stefan Scheler
- Enhanced solubility of poorly soluble drugs via spray drying / Cordin Arpagaus, David Rütti and Marco Meuri.
- Many newly proposed drugs suffer from poor water solubility, thus presenting major hurdles in the design of suitable formulations for administration to patients. Consequently, the development of techniques and materials to overcome these hurdles is a major area of research in pharmaceutical companies. Drug Delivery Strategies for Poorly Water-Soluble Drugs provides a comprehensive overview of currently used formulation strategies for hydrophobic drugs, including liposome formulation, cyclodextrin drug carriers, solid lipid nanoparticles, polymeric drug encapsulation del
- Publication date
- edited by Dennis Douroumis and Alfred Fahr.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Drug delivery strategies for poorly water-soluble drugs Chichester, West Sussex : John Wiley & Sons, 2012 9780470711972 (DLC) 2012035502