Educational delusions? : why choice can deepen inequality and how to make schools fair
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 317 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
LB1027.9 .E395 2013
- Unknown LB1027.9 .E395 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 271-294) and index.
- Choice and civil rights: forgetting history, facing consequences / Gary Orfield
- Choice theories and the schools / Gary Orfield
- The promise of choice: Berkeley's innovative integration plan / Erica Frankenberg
- Valuing diversity and hoping for the best: choice in Metro Tampa / Barbara Shircliffe and Jennifer Morley
- Designing choice: magnet school structures and racial diversity / Genevieve Siegel-Hawley and Erica Frankenberg
- A segregating choice? an overview of charter school policy, enrollment trends, and segregation / Erica Frankenberg and Genevieve Siegel-Hawley
- Failed promises: assessing charter schools in the Twin Cities / Myron Orfield, Baris Gumus-Dawes, and Thomas Luce
- The state of public schools in post-Katrina New Orleans: the challenge of creating equal opportunity / Baris Gumus-Dawes, Thomas Luce, and Myron Orfield
- School information, parental decisions, and the digital divide: the SmartChoices project in Hartford, Connecticut / Jack Dougherty, Diane Zannoni, Maham Chowhan, Courteney Coyne, Benjamin Dawson, Tehani Guruge, and Begaeta Nukic
- Experiencing integration in Louisville: attitudes on choice and diversity in a changing legal environment / Gary Orfield and Erica Frankenberg
- Conclusion: a theory of choice with equity / Gary Orfield and Erica Frankenberg.
- Publication date
- Gary Orfield and Erica Frankenberg and associates.