The entrepreneurial mindset : strategies for continuously creating opportunity in an age of uncertainty
- McGrath, Rita Gunther.
- Boston, Mass. : Harvard Business School Press, c2000.
- Physical description
- xv, 380 p. ; 24 cm.
HB615 .M3735 2000
- Unknown HB615 .M3735 2000
- MacMillan, Ian C., 1940-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 355-365) and index.
- Preface 1. An Entrepreneurial Mindset for Winning in an Uncertain World 2. Achieving the Perfect Translation 3. Differentiation to Die For 4. Disrupting the Rules of the Game 5. Building Breakthrough Competences 6. Targeting Your Portfolio 7. Focus to Win 8. Choosing Your Entry Strategy 9. Discovery Driven Planning 10. Acing the Discovery 11. The Entrepreneurial Mindset as Second Nature: Continuous Creation of New Business Models 12. The Entrepreneurial Edge: When Strategy Is Discovery Notes Index About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset offers a refreshingly practical blueprint for thinking and acting in environments that are fast-paced, rapidly changing, and highly uncertain. It provides both a guide to energizing the organization to find tomorrow's opportunities and a set of entrepreneurial principles you can use personally to transform the arenas in which you compete. The authors present simple but powerful ways to stop thinking and acting by the old rules and start thinking with the discipline of a habitual entrepreneur. They show how to: eliminate paralyzing uncertainty by creating an entrepreneurial frame that shapes a shared understanding of what is to be accomplished; create a richly stocked opportunity register to redesign existing products, find new sources of differentiation, resegment existing markets, reconfigure market spaces, and seize the huge upside potential of breakthroughs; build a dynamic portfolio of businesses and options that continuously move your organization toward the future while simultaneously leaving the past behind; execute dynamically your ideas so that you can move fast, with confidence and without undue risk; and develop your own way of leading with an entrepreneurial mindset to create a vibrant entrepreneurial climate within your organization.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Rita Gunther McGrath and Ian MacMillan.